Geoboard is a tool for exploring a variety of mathematical topics introduced in the elementary and middle grades. Learners stretch bands around the pegs to form line segments and polygons and make discoveries about perimeter, area, angles, congruence, fractions, and more.
This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPod Touches, iPhones, or iPads.
- Create line segments and polygons by stretching bands around the Geoboard’s pegs.
- Choose from 5 different band colors; 8 band colors on the iPad.
- Fill individual shapes with a transparent color, or use the Fill All button to toggle all the bands between filled and unfilled.
- Switch between the standard 25-peg square board, a rectangular board with 150 pegs, or a circular board with 13 pegs. The circular board enables explorations with angles, fractions, and time measurement.
- Duplicate shapes then move, rotate, or flip them to explore symmetry and congruency.
- Change the color of selected bands.
- Display grid lines with or without numbering to more easily calculate area and identify shape locations.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.
Have you tried this resource? Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review