Civics and Government
This 3 week unit covers 21 standards of civics and government for the primary grades with resources for whole group, independent work, center work, and homework.
This Unit Includes
- 23 worksheets of varying difficulty level for all students, independent work, and whole group instruction
- 15 answer keys for the corresponding worksheets, making them an excellent option for independent center work
- 13 colorful posters address a range of topics throughout the unit
- 3 mini books for students to fill in the blank, illustrate, cut, and create
- 2 sets of fact cards which correspond with posters and worksheets – print each set back to back to supply students with take-home material or study aids
- 42 vocabulary cards which correspond to the entire unit, with 4 extra blank cards – wonderful addition to any review or center work
The following standards are covered in this unit
- Understand the meaning of honesty, compassion, respect, and responsibility.
- Understand the meaning and difference between rights and responsibilities
- Describe some responsibilities people have at home.
- Discuss the roles of people in families who hold positions of authority at home.
- Explain the purpose and importance of rules and procedures in schools. Identify some reasons for rules in school.
- Give examples of people who have the power and authority to make and enforce rules in school.
- Give examples of the use of power without authority in school.
- Explain how decisions can be made or how conflicts might be resolved in fair and just ways.
- And much more!
Have you tried this resource?
Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review