American Spirit Universal Set
American Spirit continues to guide students through the Skill Development Stage. Students will read about various people and events from American history, with a gradually increasing reading level. At the same time, the emphasis on the mastery of everyday words continues, building a strong foundation for the next stage of spelling.
- Features nonfiction stories about people and events from American history
- Involves the three core activities for Spelling You See:
- chunking – provides hands-on experience with English’s many irregular letter patterns
- copywork – requires the brain to pay attention to details in print
- dictation – gives an opportunity for student to demonstrate decoding and encoding in a meaningful context
- Gradually increases in reading level, providing opportunities for vocabulary development and allowing students to learn how to spell words in an interesting context
- Includes 36 weekly lessons divided between two books; each lesson has five parts, A through E
- Has daily activities consisting of two facing pages
- Includes erasable colored pencils with the Student Pack
Have you tried this resource?
Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review