Software security engineering is the process of designing, creating, testing, and maintaining software that is secure. This includes both the code that makes up the software, as well as the systems and processes that are used to develop and deploy it.
Software security is aFI am constantly necessary because new vulnerabilities are constantly being discovered. In order to keep software secure, engineers must constantly be on the lookout for new threats and vulnerabilities, and create new defenses to protect against them.
There are many different aspects to software security, and it is a complex field. However, there are some basic principles that all software security engineers should follow. These include:
1. Security should be built into the software from the ground up, not added on as an afterthought.
2. Threats should be identified and analyzed early in the development process.
3. Defenses should be designed to be as strong as possible, while still allowing the software to function correctly.
4. Security testing should be an integral part of the development process, not an after-the-fact check.
5. The security of the software should be constantly monitored and improved over time.