The Research Paper: A Contemporary Approach
A practical guide to researching, organizing, outlining, writing, and revising research papers
Written in a style that speaks to students, from the perspective of teachers who have taught the research paper to thousands, this text provides practical, useful instruction to help students navigate the process from start to finish. Models of two complete humanities-style papers and one science-style paper are provided. 277 pages.
Each chapter includes
- in-depth, practical instruction on specific steps in the research process
- time management guidelines
- checklists for task management
- modeling of the research process and tips/traps through the work and perspective of two high school students
- critical thinking hints
- exercises, including finding primary resources and taking notes to avoid plagiarism
- tech tips and online research support including documenting and evaluating sources
Includes cooperative and collaborative learning activities, peer editing activities, writing-to-learn assignments, and answers.