Projects in Speech Communication
A practical and comprehensive textbook with a hands-on communication project in every chapter
Students practice and apply communication skills from the first to the last chapter. As students prepare, present, and evaluate a speaking project, they learn essential communication skills and concepts. Each chapter also raises an essential question and end-of-chapter activities direct students to respond to the question and reflect on their learning.
A digital Student Edition features six-year online access.
We collaborated with exemplary speech communication educators from across the United States to develop a unique text that is exciting for both students and teachers.
- project-based, active learning
- essential questions to engage students in critical thinking
- exceptional coverage of group communication, mass communication, and technology
- past and present features in each chapter provide historical context
- a special focus on cultural and gender communication issues
- career exploration throughout the text