Math Mammoth Grade 7 Pre-Algebra Curriculum
Math Mammoth Grade 7 Complete Curriculum is a complete pre-algebra program for 7th grade. It consists of two student worktexts (A and B), a separate answer key for each, tests, cumulative reviews, and in the download version, an additional worksheet maker (Internet access required) to make extra practice worksheets when needed.
The two books (worktext part A and part B) deal with
- introduction to basic algebra concepts
- integers and their operations
- solving one-step equations, including with negative numbers
- operations with negative rational numbers
- solving linear equations and writing equations for word problems
- graphing linear equations and an introduction to the concept of slope
- ratios, rates, proportions, and percent
- geometry: angle relationships, compass & ruler constructions, drawing problems, Pi and the area and circumference of a circle, cross-sections formed when cutting solids, surface area, and volume
- the Pythagorean theorem
Please also see the table of contents for 7-A and 7-B (in the sample files), which will let you see the topics covered in more detail.
Some main features of Math Mammoth complete curriculum (Light Blue series) are:
- focuses on understanding of mathematical concepts
- uses clear explanations, lots of visual exercises and pattern exercises
- mastery oriented: concentrates fairly long on a topic, with fairly few topics per grade
- emphasizes mental math and developing number sense
- very little teacher preparation needed
Have you tried this resource?
Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review