Home School Science Activities Second Grade
Kit includes all nine 2nd Grade activities with all materials needed, individually packed for 1 students, lesson plans and worksheets for the “best value” price of $85. All Materials are furnished and separately packaged for each activity.
1. Boats Afloat (Buoyancy) – Physical Science – Build a boat to investigate the science of floating.
2. Starshine (Constellations) – Earth/Space Science Learn about constellations.
3. Feathered Friends (Birds’ Feathers) – Life Science Explore characteristics of feathers.
4. Magnetic Magic – Physical Science Identify characteristics of magnets.
5. Static Magic (Static Electricity) – Physical Science Investigate static electricity.
6. Rockin Rocks – Earth Science Test rocks like a mineralologist.
7. Bubbles (Scientific Method) – Physical Science Exploring bubbles using the scientific method.
8. Bright Lights (Light Energy) – Physical Science – Recognize different forms of energy. Make a simple circuit and test conductivity of materials.
9. Good Vibrations (Sound Energy) – Physical Science – Explore sound through vibrations by constructing four simple instruments.
10. Radish Olympics (Soil Composition) – Life Science Analyze soil compositions suitable for seed growth.
11. Rootin Roots – Life Science Observe roots drinking water,. Plants participate in water cycle.
12. Sweet Science – Physical Science Describe physical and chemical change by experimenting with and observing dissolving sugar cubes.
13. What’s That Goo? (Polymers) – Physical Science Define characteristics of a student-made polymer.
Have you tried this resource? Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review