Drama for Reading & Performance: Collection One
Exciting plays by distinguished playwrights will revive your language arts or drama curriculum
Drama adds interest and variety to your curriculum, develops speaking and listening skills, and builds students' confidence as they read or perform.
Collection One, 350 pages.
Collection Two, 480 pages.
Each anthology features contemporary one-, two-, and three-act plays by distinguished playwrights and authors
A unique two-path approach lets you use the plays for literary analysis or classroom performance. Your students will learn about
The Components of a Literary Analysis
- and more!
The Fundamentals of a Performance
- the set
- movement and timing
- creating a character
- costumes and makeup
- character analysis
- lighting and sound
- and more!
Multiple dramatic formats broaden your students' perspective of
- contemporary realism
- TV and radio
- commedia dell'arte
- Noh theatre
A glossary defines key literary and theatrical terms.
- plot summaries
- support for teaching the anthology
- assessment opportunities
- enrichment activities
- Novio Boy, Gary Soto
- The Dancers, Horton Foote
- Chekhov's The Man in a Case, Wendy Wasserstein
- Avi's Nothing But the Truth, dramatized by Ronn Smith
- The Drummer, Athol Fugard
- The Big Black Box, Cleve Haubold
- I Never Saw Another Butterfly, Celeste Raspanti
- Love of Three Oranges, Carlo Gozzi
- A Conversation with My Dogs, Merrill Markoe
- This Is a Test, Stephen Gregg
- A Thousand Cranes, Kathryn Schultz Miller
- The Frog Prince, David Mamet
- Back There, Rod Serling
- Eye in the Sky, Wim Coleman
- Maggie Magalita, Wendy Kesselman
- Effect of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds, Paul Zindel
- City of Gold, Charles Smith