Roughly 2400 years ago, Euclid of Alexandria wrote Elements which served as the world’s geometry textbook until recently. Studied by Abraham Lincoln in order to sharpen his mind and truly appreciate mathematical deduction, it is still the basis of what we consider a first year course in geometry. This tutorial gives a bit of this background and then lays the conceptual foundation of points, lines, circles and planes that we will use as we journey through the world of Euclid.
- Geometric constructions
- Perimeter, area, and volume
- Right triangles and trigonometry
- Analytic Geometry
- Special properties and parts of triangles
- California Standards Test for Geometry
- Tools of geometry
- Angles & intersecting lines
Have you tried this resource?
Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review