Travel into space to visit 8 planets and the sun. Hurl meteorites through the atmosphere. Search for water on Mars with Curiosity. Zoom onto the surface of the sun. Discover diamonds inside of Neptune.
Space is No. 8 in Tinybop’s award-winning educational series, The Explorer’s Library. Each app is an interactive model that lets kids explore the invisible and awesome wonders of our world. Kids develop STEM skills and science literacy. In Space, kids play and learn about our solar system, compare and contrast the characteristics of each planet, observe the phases of the moon, and more.
- Visit 8 planets and the sun!
- Study the surface of each planet and the sun up close.
- Discover the characteristics of each planet with a helpful snowman.
- Throw meteorites at each planet to test their atmospheres and gravity.
- See how big and massive each planet and the sun are by comparing them side-by-side.
- Play with and observe each planet’s orbit around the sun.
- Follow the moon’s orbit to discover the phases of the moon.
- See how quickly or slowly each planet spins on its axis and how long each day is.
- Peek inside each planet’s rocky crust or gassy outer layer.
- Move the Earth’s axis to see how it affects seasons.
- Explore Mars’ rocky surface with NASA’s Curiosity.
- Experience wild weather and more on Venus.
- Find out why Mercury has so many craters.
- See what Saturn’s rings are made of and make them spin.
- Discover diamonds on Neptune and Uranus.
- Interactive text labels in 50+ languages teach vocabulary.
- FREE Space Handbook has technology tips and info for teachers and parents.
- Original artwork by Jessie Satler.
- Original sound design.
- Open-ended activities with no rules. Curiosity and creativity are rewarded.
- Multi-user system.
- Fun for the whole family. Play and learn together!
- No third-party advertising.
Have you tried this resource?
Help someone out by sharing your thoughts!Write a review