Lincoln-Douglas Debate: Values in Conflict
The basics of Lincoln-Douglas debate for novice and intermediate debaters
This is the most complete introductory text available on preparing for and participating in the highly popular Lincoln-Douglas debate format. Short and well-designed chapters move students through the steps in L-D analysis, case construction, and case defense procedures. The unique features of L-D debate and policy are compared throughout the book.
A digital Student Edition features six-year online access.
- The book objectives include
- understanding L-D theory
- understanding the differences between L-D debate and policy debate
- understanding values
- choosing the values to debate
- researching value topics
- preparing cases
- developing rebuttal strategies
- improving delivery skills
- Learning objectives and new terms aid comprehension.
- End of chapter activities reinforce concepts.
- chapter objectives
- chapter activities
- quizzes and answer keys
- additional L-D topics
- a bibliography