AP Literature and Composition: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination
A reader-friendly approach to the content students need to know to succeed on the AP exam
The Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition Test measures a student’s ability to read, analyze, and write insightfully about literature. This text reviews what students have learned in class—literary terms, allusions, reading strategies, writing tips, and much more—in preparation for the AP Literature and Composition exam. 328 pages.
- two complete practice tests
- strategies for analyzing poetry and prose
- techniques for answering multiple-choice questions and essay prompts
- guided practice of concepts
- tips for how the wording of multiple-choice questions provides clues to an answer
- includes answers to all questions to provide immediate and effective feedback—multiple-choice answers include a rationale to aid in student understanding and essay questions include detailed scoring rubrics and model student-written essays with teacher analysis
The online Student Edition provides one-year online access.